Investment projects with a total value equal to or greater than €15,000 and eligible value equal to or less than €350,000, which promote the realisation of investments in companies created less than two years ago, developed by sole proprietors, or commercial companies of any legal nature, 100% owned by young people aged 18 to 40 (SMEs only), which fall within the activities referred to below, are eligible for support.
Sole proprietors and commercial companies, of any legal nature, 100% owned by young entrepreneurs (aged between eighteen and forty).
Among other conditions, promoters must:
- Fulfil the criteria of a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME);
- Demonstrate, through an interview to be carried out by the managing entity, during the application analysis phase, that they have the technical and management capacity appropriate to the size and nature of the project;
- Not submit a new application for the same establishment.
Among other conditions, projects must:
- Be initiated after the submission of the application, with the exception of the acquisition of land and the preparation of studies directly associated with the project;
- Have secured sources of funding and be financed by the promoter with a minimum percentage of 10% equity;
- Have a maximum implementation period of two years.
Non-repayable incentive of 45% for the islands of São Miguel and Terceira, 50% for the islands of Faial and Pico and for the municipalities of Nordeste, Vila Franca do Campo and Povoação, on the island of São Miguel and 55% for the islands of Santa Maria, Graciosa, São Jorge, Flores and Corvo.
5% increase for projects promoted by companies incubated in the Azores Business Incubator Network, which aim to set up in an establishment outside the incubators.
A realisation premium may be granted to projects, which consists of an increase of up to 25% to the non-refundable incentive rate.
Method of Payment
Payments are made in the modalities of advance, reimbursement, and final payment.
In electronic form available, in Portuguese only, at https://balcaofundosue.pt/.
To be defined in the Call for Proposals.
Regional Regulatory Decree no. 20/2023/A.
- Food industries
- Beverage industry
- Manufacture of textiles
- Clothing industry
- Manufacture of leather and other leather products
- Manufacture of wood and of products of wood and cork, except furniture; manufacture of articles of straw and plaiting materials
- Manufacture of pulp, paper, paperboard and articles thereof/li>
- Printing and reproduction of recorded media
- Manufacture of chemical products and man-made fibres, except pharmaceutical products
- Manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products. With the exception of 222 Manufacture of articles of plastics.
- Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products
- Manufacture of basic metals. With the exception of 241 Manufacture of iron and steel products.
- Manufacture of fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products and communications equipment
- Manufacture of electrical equipment
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment n.e.c.
- Manufacture of motor vehicles, trailers, semi-trailers and components for motor vehicles
- Manufacture of other transport equipment
- Manufacture of furniture and mattresses
- Other manufacturing
- Repair, maintenance and installation of machinery and equipment
- Accommodation. Only the types of tourism in rural areas, residential tourism and camping and caravanning parks are eligible for support, provided that they contribute to the differentiation, innovation or qualification of the offer, validated by a prior opinion of the regional entity competent in tourism matters.
- Catering and similar. Tourist entertainment activities included in Decree-Law no. 108/2009, of 15 May, in its current wording, with the exception of subclasses 93210 Amusement and theme park activities, 93291 Bullfighting activities and 93292 Activities of recreational ports (marinas), validated by the opinion of the regional entity competent in tourism matters.
- Publishing activities
- Computer programming and consultancy and related activities
- Architectural, engineering and related technical activities; technical testing and analysis activities
- Scientific research and development activities. Only investment projects based on applied research are eligible for support.
- Other professional, scientific, technical and similar activities
- Veterinary activities
- Theatre, music, dancing and other artistic and literary activities. Excluding 9004 Operation of theatres and related activities.
- Repair of computers and personal and household goods
- Sound recording and music publishing activities
- Data processing, information hosting and related activities; web portals
- Planting and maintenance of gardens activities
- Motion picture, video and television programme production activities
- Technical post-production activities for motion pictures, videos and television programmes
- Advertising agencies
- Sports and recreation education
- Teaching of cultural activities
- General medical practice activities, ambulatory
- Medical practice activities of specialised clinics, ambulatory
- Dental practice and dentistry activities
- Nursing activities
- Other human health activities n.e.c.
This Incentive Measure does not cover investment projects related to the primary production of agricultural products listed in Annex I to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.