Investment projects, promoted by micro and small enterprises, with a total value equal to or greater than €5,000 and an eligible value equal to or less than €50,000, which target sectors of activity essentially directed towards domestic demand and aimed at satisfying the needs of the local market, developed by commercial companies of any legal nature, complementary groupings of companies, cooperatives, or sole proprietors, which fall within the activities referred to below, are eligible for support.
Individual entrepreneurs, commercial companies of any legal nature, cooperatives, and complementary groupings of companies (micro and small enterprises only).
Among other conditions, promoters must:
- Fulfil the criteria of micro or small enterprise;
- Not submit a new application for the same establishment with an interval of less than two years from the date of completion of the previous operation and a maximum of two operations per establishment.
Among other conditions, projects must:
- Be initiated after the submission of the application, with the exception of land acquisition and the preparation of studies directly associated with the project;
- Have secured sources of funding and be financed by the promoter with a minimum percentage of 5% equity;
- Have a maximum implementation duration of one year.
Non-repayable incentive of 50% for the islands of S. Miguel and Terceira, 55% for the islands of Faial and Pico and for the municipalities of Nordeste, Povoação and Vila Franca do Campo, on the island of São Miguel and 60% for the islands of Santa Maria, Graciosa, São Jorge, Flores and Corvo.
A realisation premium may be granted to projects, which consists of an increase of up to 10% to the non-refundable incentive rate.
Payments are made in the modalities of advance, reimbursement, and final payment.
In electronic form available, in Portuguese only, at https://balcaofundosue.pt/.
To be defined in the Call for Proposals.
Regional Regulatory Decree no. 19/2023/A.
- Food industries
- Beverage industry
- Manufacture of textiles
- Clothing industry
- Manufacture of leather and other leather products
- Manufacture of wood and of products of wood and cork, except furniture; manufacture of articles of straw and plaiting materials
- Manufacture of pulp, paper, paperboard and articles thereof
- Printing and reproduction of recorded media
- Manufacture of chemical products and man-made fibres, except pharmaceutical products
- Manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products. With the exception of 222 Manufacture of articles of plastics.
- Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products
- Manufacture of basic metals. With the exception of 241 Iron and steel industry and manufacture of ferro-alloys.
- Manufacture of fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products and communications equipment
- Manufacture of electrical equipment
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment n.e.c.
- Manufacture of motor vehicles, trailers, semi-trailers and components for motor vehicles
- Manufacture of other transport equipment
- Manufacture of furniture and mattresses
- Other manufacturing
- Repair, maintenance and installation of machinery and equipment
- Collection, treatment and disposal of waste; recovery of materials
- Decontamination and similar activities
- Civil engineering
- Specialised construction activities
- Sale, maintenance and repair of motor vehicles and motorbikes
- Wholesale trade (including agents), except of motor vehicles and motorbikes
- Retail trade, except of motor vehicles and motorbikes
- Catering and similar
- Publishing activities
- Computer programming and consultancy and related activities
- Architectural, engineering and related technical activities; technical testing and analysis activities
- Other professional, scientific and technical activities and related activities
- Veterinary activities
- Employment activities
- Travel agencies, tour operators, other reservation services and related activities
- Social support activities without accommodation
- Theatre, music, dancing and other artistic and literary activities
- Libraries, archives, museums and other cultural activities
- Sports, amusement and recreation activities. Excluding 93191 Regulatory bodies for sporting activities.
- Repair of computers and personal and household goods
- Other personal service activities
- Construction of buildings (residential and non-residential)
- Sound recording and music publishing activities
- Data processing, information hosting and related activities; web portals
- Cleaning activities
- Planting and maintenance of gardens activities
- Motion picture, video and television programme production activities
- Technical post-production activities for motion pictures, videos and television programmes
- Advertising agencies
- Transport organisation
- Customs and similar transport support agents
- Radio broadcasting activities
- Accounting and auditing activities; tax consultancy activities
- Other business and management consultancy activities
- Organisation of fairs, congresses and other similar events
- Ensinos secundário tecnológico, artístico e profissional
- Sports and recreation education
- Teaching of cultural activities
- Driving and riding schools
- Other educational activities n.e.c.
- General medical practice activities, outpatient
- Specialised outpatient medical practice activities
- Dental practice and dentistry activities
- Clinical analysis laboratories
- Nursing activities
- Thermal spa activities
- Other human health activities n.e.c. Tourist entertainment activities included in Decree-Law No 108/2009 of 15 May 2009, as amended.
This Incentive Measure does not cover investment projects related to the primary production of agricultural products listed in Annex I to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.