Investment projects of a strategic nature for sustainable economic development, with investments of more than €50,000, aimed at strengthening the productivity and competitiveness of companies through the promotion of integrated investment approaches, developed by commercial companies of any legal nature, complementary groupings of companies, or cooperatives (large companies or SMEs), which fall within the activities referred to below, are eligible for support.
Commercial companies of any legal nature, complementary groupings of companies and cooperatives.
Among other conditions, promoters must:
- Present a minimum financial autonomy in the pre-project year of 25%.
Among other conditions, projects must:
- Be initiated after the submission of the application, with the exception of land acquisition and the preparation of studies directly associated with the project;
- Have secured sources of funding and be financed by the promoter with a minimum percentage of 25% equity;
- Have a maximum implementation duration of three years, or two years for projects up to €200 thousand.
Non-repayable incentive of 40% for the islands of S. Miguel and Terceira, 45% for the islands of Faial and Pico and for the municipalities of Nordeste, Vila Franca do Campo and Povoação on the island of São Miguel, and 50% for the islands of Santa Maria, Graciosa, São Jorge, Flores and Corvo.
A realisation premium may be granted to projects, which consists of an increase of up to 25% to the non-refundable incentive rate.
The maximum amount of incentive to be granted per project is €7 million.
Payments are made in the form of advance, reimbursement, and final payment.
In electronic form available, in Portuguese only, at https://balcaofundosue.pt/.
To be defined in the Call for Proposals.
Regional Regulatory Decree no. 22/2023/A.
- Food industries
- Manufacture of beverages
- Manufacture of textiles
- Clothing industry
- Manufacture of leather and other leather products
- Manufacture of wood and of products of wood and cork, except furniture; manufacture of articles of straw and plaiting materials
- Manufacture of pulp, paper, paperboard and articles thereof
- Manufacture of chemical products and man-made fibres, except pharmaceutical products
- Manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products. With the exception of 222 Manufacture of articles of plastics.
- Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products
- Manufacture of basic metals. With the exception of 241 Manufacture of iron and steel products.
- Manufacture of fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment
- Manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products and communications equipment
- Manufacture of electrical equipment
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment n.e.c.
- Manufacture of motor vehicles, trailers, semi-trailers and components for motor vehicles
- Manufacture of other transport equipment
- Manufacture of furniture and mattresses
- Other manufacturing
- Repair, maintenance and installation of machinery and equipment. Only investment projects that contribute to strengthening the external competitiveness of the regional economy by promoting the broadening of the economic export base are eligible for support.
- Collection, treatment and disposal of waste; recovery of materials
- Accommodation. Only investment projects relating to the installation of tourist enterprises and the expansion or remodelling of existing tourist enterprises are eligible for support, provided that they contribute to the differentiation, innovation or qualification of the offer, validated by a prior opinion of the regional entity competent in tourism matters. In the case of remodelling projects of existing tourist enterprises, only those that promote the reclassification of the enterprise to a higher level are eligible for support. Only investment projects relating to the installation of hostels, which have a pre-qualification in the form of an aid application, are eligible for support.
- Catering and similar. Eligible investment up to €1 million. Only investment projects relating to the installation, remodelling and expansion of catering and similar establishments are eligible for support, provided that they contribute to the development and consolidation of the regional tourism offer, validated by a prior opinion of the regional entity competent in tourism matters.
- Scientific research and development activities
- Activities of in-patient health care establishments
- Organisation of transport
- Customs and similar transport support agents
- Secondary technological, artistic and vocational education. Only the installation or diversification of training areas in existing establishments is eligible for support, provided that there is no analogous training offer in the Region. Only works within the scope of installation projects are eligible for support.
- Activities of general medical practice in outpatient settings
- Specialised outpatient medical practice activities
- Thermal spa activities
- Physical well-being activities. ourist entertainment activities included in Decree-Law no. 108/2009, of 15 May, with the exception of subclasses 93210 (Amusement and theme park activities) 93291 (Bullfighting activities) and 93292 (Activities of recreational ports (marinas)), provided that they contribute to the development and consolidation of the regional tourism offer, validated by prior opinion of the regional entity competent in tourism matters.
Investment projects related to the space area, provided that their interest is recognised by the Azores Mission Structure for Space.
This Incentive Measure does not cover investment projects related to the primary production of agricultural products listed in Annex I to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
Projects involving innovation in the processing and marketing of Annex I products and forestry products, with an investment of more than €4 million, except when developed on agricultural holdings, in cases where the raw material comes mainly from the holding itself, or when developed by producer organisations.
Investment projects related to the primary production of agricultural products listed in Annex I to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union when they are exclusively aimed at internationalisation.